Simon Collins Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss all things about Simon Collins & related. Especially about his new album, U-Catastrophe out on ITunes NOW!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UCat digital release blog: 08/14/08

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sj33Admin
Admin
Sj33Admin

UCat digital release blog: 08/14/08 Empty
PostSubject: UCat digital release blog: 08/14/08   UCat digital release blog: 08/14/08 EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 1:45 am

U-Catastrophe Digital Release Blog: August 14,2008
***********************************************Digital Release/U-Catastrophe

Greetings all!

This is my first in-depth blog in awhile so there's sooo much to fill you in on, it's hard to not keep writing BUT for now I would like to share some key things with you.
Most importantly, the digital release is coming up very soon (AUG 19th) and is a huge milestone for me. This is my 3rd album (which is an achievement in itself) but it is also my US debut! I am extremely excited and even more so about the fact we are working together with iTunes to first launch this record digitally into cyberspace! We are in fact going to be offering an exclusive bonus track available only through iTunes. An uber-kool remix of "The Big Bang" by a dynamic duo named "Radioactive Sandwich" .... One other kool thing about the album is that we do have a physical release coming out this fall! I was adamant on having the physical release be made out of 100% recycled materials (can't do anything about the CD though unfortunately...hehe) ..... Ecologically it doesn't hurt to take all that plastic from those jewel cases out of the picture. For the artwork I asked world renowned space-artist Greg Martin if he would do the honor of creating a full graphic design for me and he did an absolutely stunning job.
Making this record was a real journey in almost every sense...
Physically: I flew down to Las Vegas to do the album with Kevin Churko, where he lives. It was a real honor working with him. He is just a wizard in the studio. We instantly had a great connection, the first songs we created together were "Powerless" and "Disappearing"! Co-producing and co-writing with him was certainly a highly intense and creative experience. I also learned a thing or two along the way. Staying with his family was also a real pleasure. I had a chance to really focus on my music and stay out of trouble in Sin City. BUT how they put up with me for that long I'll never know.
Emotionally: This is my most personal collection of songs yet. I just closed my eyes and dove in at the deep end on this one. If you think you know me well from my last records, this will certainly open your eyes and ears and reveal a much more personal side of me that I have not been comfortable singing about up until now. This is as honest and real as it gets, and this album is a genuine look into my heart and into the mirror. It reflects my human condition.
Sonically and Conceptually: I've taken a massive step in embracing my roots and influences, morphing and reinventing my sound. As I evolve so does my music. I've always made dynamic records but this one has brought out the best of all my influences. Heavy and Progressive Rock, my Pop sensitivity and sensibility and an undercurrent of all my electronic underground influences. I also really found my voice on this record. I sing with conviction, intensity and ferocity from my heart and soul. I sing for the loved ones in my life and for the Earth, all in the pursuit of happiness and pursuit of truth. The concept here is really simple, with the title "U-Catastrophe" remaining relevant throughout the entire album with a very specific meaning. A "U-Catastrophe" is an event that takes place right at the 11th hour in the face of complete disaster. When all hope seems to be lost this event turns it all around. Something happens, a shift in consciousness, or a natural sign or warning that forces change before it's too late. This theme runs rampant throughout the album. It's all about living in the solution, not the problem. If you think hard about it I believe you will recall having your own personal "U-Catastrophe" I'm sure. This album is an account of my experience and fighting through the dark stuff to create a new and positive way of life both personally and globally.
So on that note, I feel we came out with an amazing album full of truly emotional and meaningful songs. Awesome, lush, meaty, big production and a feeling we've just created something very special. Now we wait and we wonder!
Gotta fly! Back soon as this is really only the tip of the iceberg.

Much love,
Simon
Back to top Go down
http://www.simoncollins.com

UCat digital release blog: 08/14/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simon Collins Fan Forum :: Welcome to the New SC Forum :: Simon Collins General Stuff :: Simon's Blog's-
Jump to: