Simon Collins Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss all things about Simon Collins & related. Especially about his new album, U-Catastrophe out on ITunes NOW!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sj33Admin
Admin
Sj33Admin

U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW) Empty
PostSubject: U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)   U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW) EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:35 pm

This album, the latest, has some AWESOME songs on it!! So, share!
Sj
Back to top Go down
http://www.simoncollins.com
Helena

Helena

PostSubject: Re: U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)   U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 5:48 am

I was introduced to Simon Collins music when I opened a People magazine and read in the music section that Phil's son had made a breakthrough of his own into the world. As much as I like to think I keep up with entertainer's, musicians, and all my favorite bands and their lives...I didn't even know Phil had kids! I went to youtube and looked for Simon, to see what he sounded like. I heard "Powerless" and my eye lids closed, I relaxed back into my chair, and found myself in his song. It was as if Simon had touched a part of my psyche from his spot on Earth, and pulled these thoughts from deep within my subconscious, and added incredible beats and rhythm to them.

I waited, searched, and finally found U-catastrophe. Unconditional, the Big Bang, and of course Us (love transcends) always catches my breath and makes me smile.

So I played Simon's work to my parents while they were visiting us back in October. My mother especially got the good chair and headphones, afterall, it was she who played "In the Air Tonight" for me when I was only 8 years old. She said to me, "Listen to Phil on these drums, can you feel the emotion? Can you sense what he's trying to say?" And ever since that moment I heard Phil on the drums, I get lost in music in a way that carries me deeper beyond the physical realm.

My mother smiled and nodded. She agreed without saying a word that Simon possessed such talent like his father. And she was thankful I introduced Simon's unique style to her. When I showed her Big Bang...well that was all she wrote. my 70 year old mother had grabbed two wooden spoons and beat the air with fervor and feeling as if she were in the room with these two legacies.

Drums are my mother's life long passion, her connection to the beat and rhythm of the world. "You're not alive if you can't feel the beat," she always said to me.

Shopping in Hannafords food store just a month ago, I was picking pickles off the shelf and Simon's "Unconditional" came on over the sound system. I sang each and every word while browsing the isle and when I came to check out, realized I was the only person in this little store, in BFE New Hampshire, USA....that knew every word. No one had heard of Simon yet in my spot on the Earth...but that day they heard a little short woman belting out the words from isle 9, dancing with pickles.

Beyond pickles, and even beyond drums....Simon's music has brought a yearning, understanding, and unique bond with my world that didn't exist before.

So share you stories, you passions, your loves....afterall....we are not alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.blog.rawrmones.net
Helena

Helena

PostSubject: Re: U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)   U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:10 am

I didn't see an admin place to post site questions/geek questions so delete this post or move it I guess....but I have clicked "add my signature" in my profile page, but I still don't see it? Halp!
Back to top Go down
http://www.blog.rawrmones.net
yild4genesis
SC Moderator
SC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)   U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:29 pm

I'm really enjoying this album alot.It's a real shame that as yet,his label hasn't done anything in the way of promotion here in Australia.I've lobbyed a few of my local radio stations and one expressed some interest(Because of the "Phil's son" angle) so hopefully they may get some air time here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)   U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW) Empty

Back to top Go down

U-Catastrophe (Out on ITUNES & Stores NOW)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simon Collins Fan Forum :: Welcome to the New SC Forum :: Simon Collins Music-
Jump to: