Simon Collins Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The place to discuss all things about Simon Collins & related. Especially about his new album, U-Catastrophe out on ITunes NOW!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sj33Admin
Admin
Sj33Admin

Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such Empty
PostSubject: Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such   Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:32 pm

Taken from Squids posts on the Genesis forum:
09/16/09:

I was going through one of my thumb drives and I found a remix I had worked on for the version of Keep It Dark that Simon and I did in 2007. It's not the best quality mp3 but I figured some of you might like to hear it. No hi hats so you can really hear some cool keyboards and effects that Simon and I played. Also you can hear the tom fills I did which are very Phil-like at the end. This isn't an official release or anything. Just something fun to listen to temporarily.

By the way, I believe Simon is rehearsing now for new gigs coming up. Not sure where though. I am not touring with him. But he does play KiD with Sonic Reality sounds live. I bet it's a good show. Now the show I'd LOVE to do is the one with me on Keys and Phil joining in on drums but... given recent news who knows if that will ever happen? I hope Phil gets better. I feel lucky that we got to do "The Big Bang" with him. That's the track I had the most to do with on Simon's album U-Catastrophe. The rest of the album would probably have been more like that and KiD if I had produced it with him. Kevin Churko went in a whole other direction (well he did produce Ozzy...) and of course Kevin is really great! I'm more prog and keyboardy (more Genesis-like) at least when it comes to having Phil Collins' son in the studio. Too tempting to GO FOR IT like we did with the KiD vocal. I was egging him on to do the growling "thousands of people" thing which he normally doesn't do but man it sounded good as well as the falsetto voice. Well, you never know. We may collaborate again and if we do I promise MORE Mellotron, more augmented chords and more growling, falsetto and quirky harmonies (listen to the ahhhh ahhhh backgrounds we did. That's all Simon but we listened to the Keep It Dark 5.1 mix from the box set to pick out these WEIRD parts there were there on the original that we never really knew until we listened so closely with the separation).

Anyway, maybe that sounds like fancy studio talk suitable for the Musicians Corner or something. I don't know. For whoever is interested in such things, I figure I might as well share.

You can catch that track and others on our myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/sonicreality
Back to top Go down
http://www.simoncollins.com
Sj33Admin
Admin
Sj33Admin

PostSubject: Re: Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such   Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such EmptyTue Dec 01, 2009 6:58 pm

Also, in case someone missed this, I posted something fun awhile ago on our youtube page. It is a shot of Simon and I standing behind Phil while he was rehearsing for the TIOA tour and then us standing behind him at the New Jersey show. I am the camera man so you just see him but it was a cool thing to see. Simon in awe of his dad's playing. He was so excited to specifically go backstage for the drum duet - one of his favorite parts. Phil is Simon's hero on the drums (and a lot of other people's) and it's really nice since it is his dad. I don't know. Just something about that... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R26lVjWjdgM --Squids
Back to top Go down
http://www.simoncollins.com
yild4genesis
SC Moderator
SC Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such   Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:26 pm

Great track.Really a fresh approach to this song.Sounds great too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such   Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep It Dark -KID Remix & Such
Page 1 of 1